Each month between March and October we all get together on the third Saturday to fly to dinner. This is a great opportunity to explore new airports, to get more cross-country time for a rating, and to enjoy the company of fellow pilots and their friends and family in a relaxed setting!
The UPDATED 2009 Season! (Updated 3/15/09!)
- March 21: Steakfire at Watertown (KRYV, 92NM NNW)
- April 18: Final Approach at Sheboygan, WI (KSBM, 125NM N) UPDATED
- May 16: Rick's Cafe & Boatyard at Eagle Creek (Indianapolis) IN (KEYE, 140NM SE)
- June 20: CJ's Restaurant at Bloomington, IL (KBMI, 81NM SSW) UPDATED
- July 18: Edgewater at Fort Atkinson, WI (61C, 82NM NNW)
- August 15: Lake Lawn, Delevan, WI (C59, 60NM NNW)
- September 19: Rick's Cafe & Boatyard at Eagle Creek (Indianapolis) IN (KEYE, 140NM SE)
- October 17: TBD
Each year we also have a number of longer "destination" trips. These are perfect ways to get with an instructor to finish up that instrument rating. They also make great vacations! Start planning early, and get that plane (and instructor, if you're looking to turn it into a learning experience) booked! Let the front desk know if you're interested in any of those so we can plan appropriately!
- June 11 - 14th (Thu - Sun): the flyin at Gaston's White River Resort (3M0, 381NM SW) (Make your hotel reservations soon! If they're sold out, don't panic, there are enough pilots there that we'll find you a room!) People start showing up for this as early as Wednesday, so feel free to extend it! UPDATED
- June 21st and/or 22nd Quad Cities Airshow (KDVN, 110NM W) UPDATED
- July 11-12th: Put In Bay, Ohio (3W2, 238NM E) UPDATED
- July 27th - August 2nd is AirVenture, and we'll probably run at least one group day trip up there.
- September 11 - 13 (Fri - Sun) is our annual weekend in Mackinac Island, staying at the Lakeview Hotel (KMCD, 292NM NNE).
If there's enough interest, there's always the possibility of doing the trip in the King Air!
- November 7 - 11 will be a trip to the Bahamas! These are always wonderful! A chance to relax and see sights that the cruise ships skip!
Past trips have included:
AirVenture 2008 (Oshkosh)! We took the King Air C90, and it sold out both days! We left Clow at 7:00 AM and departed AirVenture after the air show. We have the Airventure 2008 Photo Gallery available!
Key West and the Bahamas (Hawk's Nest, Norman's Cay)
Bar Harbor, ME for great lobster
Yellowstone National Park and Glacier National Park
Tangier Island, Ocracoke Island, and Kitty Hawk
Annual trip to Mackinac Island, MI